Contact
OMV Websites
ar en
OMV Websites
OMV Websites
OMV Group www.omv.com/en Austria www.omv.at/de-at Bulgaria www.omv.bg/bg-bg Czech Republic www.omv.cz/cs-cz Germany www.omv.de/de-de Hungary www.omv.hu/hu-hu New Zealand www.omv.nz/en-nz Norway www.omv.no/no-no Romania www.omv.ro/ro-ro Serbia www.omv.co.rs/sr-rs Slovakia www.omv.sk/sk-sk Slovenia www.omv.si/sl-si Tunesia www.omv.tn/ar-tn Turkey www.omv.com.tr
OMV Gas Websites
OMV Gas www.omv-gas.com/de
Close

The power of partnerships

Throughout the years, OMV Abu Dhabi has built up long-term and sustainable partnerships with other energy companies which have led to a sequence of collectively valuable investments and initiatives and contributed to a sustainable development of our company:

ADNOC: Founded in 1971, The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) is one of the world’s largest energy producers and a major diversified group of energy and petrochemical companies that produces about 3 million barrels of oil and 9.8 billion cubic feet of raw gas a day. Its integrated upstream, midstream and downstream activities are carried out by 14 specialist subsidiary and joint venture companies.
OMV has a long-term partnership with ADNOC. In 2013 ADNOC and OMV signed an agreement to jointly explore the Eastern onshore region of Abu Dhabi. OMV also agreed to explore potential opportunities to work with ADNOC to support the company’s downstream businesses, in line with ADNOC’s smart growth strategy.
Borealis: Borealis is a leading provider of innovative solutions in the fields of polyolefins, base chemicals and fertilizers. With its head office in Vienna, Austria, the company currently has around 6,600 employees and operates in over 120 countries. Borealis generated EUR 7.5 billion in sales revenue and a net profit of EUR 1,095 million in 2017.
Mubadala, through its holding company, owns 64% of the company, with the remaining 36% belonging to OMV. Borealis provides services and products to customers around the world in collaboration with Borouge, a joint venture with the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).
CEPSA: CEPSA is a global, integrated company operating across the entire oil and gas value chain. Mubadala Investment Company Group is CEPSA´s sole shareholder. With over 90 years of experience, close to 10,000 professionals and located in more than 20 countries, CEPSA became one of the leading energy companies in Spain, developing its businesses across five continents.    
ENI: Eni is an Italian global oil and gas player headquartered in Rome. Considered one of the global supermajors, it has operations in more than 70 countries worldwide and employing around 33,000 people. As of March 31, 2018, the company's market capitalization was calculated at USD 64 billion. Eni is consistently ranked among the top 150 companies on the Fortune Global 500 list according to revenue.
Oxy: Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East and Latin America. Headquartered in Houston and founded in 1920, Occidental is one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization with nearly 37,000 employees. Occidental's midstream and marketing segment gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets hydrocarbons and other commodities.
OMV has partnered with OXY and ADNOC in the course of a four-year seismic, drilling and engineering work program to explore and appraise oil and gas fields in the North-West Offshore Abu Dhabi area that includes the Ghasha and Hail blocks.
Wintershall: Wintershall Holding GmbH, based in Kassel, is Germany's largest crude oil and natural gas producer. The company is active in oil and gas exploration and production focusing on Europe, North Africa, South America as well as Russia and the Middle East region.
OMV has partnered with the German Wintershall to appraise the sour gas and condensate field in Shuwaihat. Wintershall as operator has conducted the appraisal phase with OMV as an equal partner by drilling two appraisal wells. A 3D seismic acquisition was operated by ADNOC.